Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Own "Little Miah"

When I was just a toddler, my brother Dorian who was 2 years my senior decided to call me Miah for short. This nickname caught on quickly and has been used by my family and friends for as long as I can remember. I always find it funny that almost every week someone asks me if I have ever heard the song "Jeremiah was a bullfrog", and of course I respond, "Yes, almost weekly!" I guess I just have one of those names...I even was called Jeremiah Johnson by a co-worker several years ago. Now, kids who hear me called Miah start singing "Miah the Bee". I guess everyone has some sort of shortened version of their name, or a nickname that has caught on over the years. In fact, Kelli's grandpa calls me "The Sleeping Prophet", but that is another blog.
Today I introduce you again to my baby boy, Nehemiah Taylor. He is actually my own "Little Miah". I am so thankful that the Lord would allow me the privilege of having a son. Now he can carry on my nickname, Miah. I just hope some of his nicknames like, "Nehi"and "Puppy" won't stick too long. There is already a song for him too! My mother in law came up with "Nehemiah was a tadpole." Taddy is another nickname working its way up, but for now he will continue to be just my "Little Miah".

No comments: