Thursday, June 19, 2008

Be Joyful Always


How is it that my little baby girl can get so sick and still be so sweet and fun? Maddie Joy has had a double ear infection and tonsillitis for the past couple of days. She has had a fever anywhere from 101 to 103.9, and yet she still smiles, laughs, and attempts to act normal in spite of how she feels. I never thought that my little girl would begin to set an example for her daddy at such a young age. Whenever I get sick, I complain and need 100% of everyone's help and attention to get me through the time that I am sick. I guess the question is, "Who is really the baby?" Anyway, Madelynn is doing fine today and I praise God for healing her little body. 1 Thess. 5: 16-18 says, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God will for you in Christ Jesus." The last thing I am is joyful when I do not feel good, but I have been challenged this week by my sweet baby girl's smile during her sickness, to be more aware of my attitude. God is good!

No comments: