Thursday, February 14, 2008

Can you really KNOW if you are going to Heaven?

The answer is a resounding...YES!!!

In my 22 years of being a Christian, the Lord has given me many opportunities to share my faith. I believe that the moment the Holy Spirit of God came into my life He gave me a desire to share Jesus with others. There are many different styles of witnessing, but there is only one message! The message is the good news (gospel) that God loves us, sent His son Jesus to die on the cross, Jesus was buried, he was gloriously resurrected, ascended into Heaven, and is returning for all those who have put their faith in Him! WOW! What better news can one have? Jesus paid the price for our sins, and if we repent of our sins and put our trust in Him we can be saved from sin, death, and Hell. 1 John 5:13 says, "These things have I written to you who believe on the name of the Son of God, that you might know that you have eternal life?" (italics added) Why do so many live life wondering if they will truly go to Heaven? I have had numerous people say that they hope to go to Heaven, or they think they might. I know that I am, do you?

This past Tuesday I had the privilege to share the gospel with a man who almost died last Friday due to complications in a routine check-up. This 67 year old man knew that his life was spared and was hopeful that he would have gone to heaven because he was a good person. I assured him that his good works would never be enough to go to heaven (Ephesians 2:8), but that he could know he was going to heaven if he confessed with his mouth and believed in his heart that God raised Jesus from the dead. (Romans 10:9) With tears in his eyes, he humbly prayed and was radically saved! A sixth grade student made the same decision last night at the Greenhouse. These two now know that they are going to Heaven when they die...do you?

1 comment:

JOY GARNER WHITT said...

Great post, Miah! Thanks for all the work you do for the Kingdom.