Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm a Fiat Junkie!


If you have not already heard...I have a serious addiction! I love working on my little Italian sports cars, Fiat Spiders. My very first car was a candy apple red Fiat Spider convertible. I actually made weekly payments on the '75 Fiat for about a month before I actually bought and owned my first car. I paid $650.00 dollars for it, and was proud to have paid for it in full before I drove it home. I never thought my job at Hardee's would afford me the ability to purchase my first car...but I guess $4.50 an hour was a pretty good pay rate! Not really, but $650.00 for a cool little sports car was a pretty good deal.
Who would have known that 14 years later I would still have a fondness for little Italian sports cars? I sold my red 1975 and black 1976 in college to help pay for tuition, and I am currently finishing my white 1979 spider to help pay for Madelynn and Kelli's hospital bills. Isn't it amazing that God will use even our hobbies to provide for our needs? I look forward to sharing more about my Fiats in the near future!
One more thing, this is a picture of a 1981 Fiat that I saw on Ebay, but I plan to restore my white '81 to look very similar.

No comments: