Monday, February 25, 2008

The NEW High School Worship Service

For a couple years now, I have juggled the idea of starting a high school worship service on Sunday nights. Last night I was reminded that God's timing is perfect! It was very exciting to see the looks on many student's faces as they walked into the youth room for the first time in several months. You could feel the fellowship swelling as students began to trickle in. Some were playing pool and others were sitting and talking. Across the room you could hear the voices of competitive girls playing fuseball. I felt that the Lord wanted me to allow them some "fellowship" time before we began our worship time. At a little after 6 we began singing praises and lifting the name of Jesus. It was beautiful to see our high school students raising their hands in praise to our Lord. After our praise time and a short video, we divided the guys and girls and had small group prayer time. God is truly working to strengthen and grow our high school youth spiritually and numerically! Praise God for His faithfulness! There were almost 50 of us last night at our new high school worship service and I believe God to go "above and beyond all that we can ask or imagine". Will you believe with me? My God is always faithful!

No comments: